Friday, February 20, 2009

So....

Well, a little late to this whole blogging thing... Seems like I'm always doing things after they're "cool" so I look like a total copy-cat. Call me a bandwagon jumper-onner if you want.

I don't even know if anything I say will be interesting, but at least all those people who are interested will know where we are in our lives at that time.

Yeah... so, a little history. We've been in "training" for what feels like forever, but the prize is nearly in our grasp. Only a couple more months and he'll be the proud owner of a maroon head piece that is highly covetted by many a man. When he graduates we'll be just one month shy of 3 YEARS in this training. I say "we" because it is certainly a family effort and the spouses and children who give 110% support throughout this entire endeavor don't get the credit and recognition they deserve. We've been out in the desert for about a year now and will (hopefully) return to the beach after graduation. If you're interested in seeing what he's been up to all this time, google "superman school" or type "pararescue" into youtube.com to see a sample of what they learn.

Photobucket

I'm ready to go home, but I do have to add that I will miss (that is a big understatement) the church family I have here. They have helped me keep my sanity over the last year, have encouraged me more than they will ever realize, and have been the surrogate grandparents that my babies needed. I feel so blessed to have had them in my life and I could never thank them enough for what they've done for us.

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty neat! I will definitely follow your blog! TTYL..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog, Kat!!! I am so proud of both of you. Thanks for all you do to defend our freedom.

    ReplyDelete